This is quite a spicy recipe, please reduce the number of green chillies to make it less spicy.
This is a great recipe to make and keep in the fridge. You can make a quick sandwich or even and bhel as evening snack if you have this green chutney handy.
- 200 gms Corriander leaves / Dhaniya patta
- Salt to taste (Approximately 1/4 tsp)
- 8-10 green chillies
- 8 pods of garlic
- 1" pc ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 to 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- Make sure the corriander leaves and green chillies are washed and dried
- Add everything to a grinder
- Grind all the ingredients till you get a smooth mix
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator
- Do not use a a wet spoon while serving from the main jar
You can replace the sugar with jaggery or brown sugar if you like. However the amount is negligible as this will not be all eaten at one go by one person.
LOW CALORIE SANDWICH
Use one slice of bread
Spread a thick layer of chutney
Top with Cucumber + Tomato
LOW CALORIE BHEL
Add 1/2 cup of Puffed Rice
1 cup of chopped cucumber, tomato and onions
Mix a generous amount of chutney before serving.
Avoid adding any fried sev here.
If you are taking this to work, pack the chutney, cut veggies and puffed rice separately and mix just before eating
- have with roasted papad, you can also try my papad recipe that I had emailed
- works well inside roll fillings too
- works well with all snack items as a dip