Level – SUPER SIMPLE
- 240 gms raw rice
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 2 red fresh red chilli or 2/3 cup, cut in circles
- 1/2 cup finely cut chives / spring onions
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tbsp red chilli/schezwan sauce ( added at the end)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp of unflavoured oil
Note : the fresh red chilli looks like the green pakora chilli, you can replace this with strips of capsicum as well.
- Wash the rice and cook the rice till it is slightly underdone. Ensure you do not overcook it.
- Once cooked, spread it out on a plate or tray to cool
- Make a slit at the top of the tomatoes and boil them till the skin starts separating. Remove from the boiling water and peel and remove the skin. Mash the tomatoes and keep aside
- Take a kadhai or wok and add the oil
- Once the oil is warm, add the chopped garlic and stir fry till the raw smell is gone
- Add the tomato sauce, red chilli sauce, soya sauce, sugar and salt and stir fry for a minute or so .
- Now add the mashed tomatoes and stir it till the water of the tomatoes dries up.
- Now add the rice, chives (spring onions) and red pepper and mix it in well .
- Stir fry for few minutes, till the rice absorbs the gravy
- Check the salt and adjust as needed
- Serve hot
Serve with a side of Paneer Vegetables Manchurian (recipe linked at the end.)