A Tabbouleh (also spelled tabouli) is a Mediterranean Salad that is usually made from super fresh herbs and bulgur, with parsley being the number one ingredient. Usually with a simple olive oil and lemon dressing.
For the fast i have modified this to use Amaranth (rajgira) and allowed spices.
Serves 1 as a snack
double the quantity to make it a meal
- 1/4 cup cooked and washed rajgira
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 1/4 cup paneer
- 1/4 cup white for brown channa if allowed
- 2 tbsp seeds of choice ( i have use 1 tbsp watermelon seeds + 1 tbsp sunflower)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Lime to taste
- Salt to taste
- mix all the ingredients together to form a salad
- add lime and salt to taste
I like to wash the rajgira after cooking to remove the starch. This helps give a better texture to the salad