- 1-1 1/2 tbsp of ghee
- 200gms of raw vermicelli (not roasted)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of jaggery
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
- 6-8 almonds roasted cut into thin bits
- Measure the water and add to a deep bottomed pan and bring to a boil
- Once the water starts boiling, add in the jaggery and cook on low flame till it melts completely
- .Remove and keep aside
- In a kadhai add the ghee and warm it on low flame
- Add in the vermicelli in the kadhai and stir continuously to roast it to a lovely brown colour.
- Add the jaggery liquid in small batches stirring continuously to ensure it mixes well.
- Once the liquid jaggery starts bubbling, lower the flame, cover and cook stirring occasionally.
- Once the liquid is incorporated, taste for sweetness and add more if required.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed add in the cardamom powder and 3/4 of the sliced almonds
- Mix well to incorporate the cardamon powder
- Garnish with remaining almonds and serve hot