This is a quick and simple recipe that you can have with roti or bread. add it to a roll or make a sandwich. These recipe are great to "stretch". Meaning make extra for another meal to save yourself time.
- 150 gms paneer
- 1tbsp curd
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/3 tsp garam masala
Mix the above gently and keep aside for 15-20 minutes
- 2 tbsp refined oil /ghee
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 chopped tomato
- Few chopped green chillies
- 1 medium size capsicum cut into cubes /or 1 medium size onion cut into thick rings ( you can use both if you like )
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp dry kasturi methi
- Put the refined oil/ ghee in a pan
- When the oil/ghee becomes warm add the chopped onions and stir fry for few minutes, then add the ginger and garlic paste
- Saute for few minutes on medium flame ,till the raw smell of the ginger garlic is gone
- Add a few tsp of warm water if the masala starts catching or sticking to the pan
- Now add the chopped green chillies and cook for a few minutes
- Add the chopped tomato and saute for a few minutes
- Now add the salt ,red chilli powder, turmeric, chat masala, cumin powder and coriander powder
- Saute for 10 mins on low heat, till the tomatoes becomes soft and you can see little oil seeping out from the top or from the sides .
- Now add the capsicum (if using onion rings also then add it with the capsicum)
- Add the marinated paneer and the dry kasturi methi leaves, stir it in gently .
- Cook on medium flame till the juices of the cooked masala and the curd from the paneer,gets infused .
- Leave gravy as per choice .
- Serve as desired
- If you are vegan you can do the same with Tofu