1 Raw Mango (big one)
1-2 tsp oil (preferably mustard oil )
4 pieces whole red chillies
1/4 tsp panch phoren
Black salt according to taste
Red chilli flakes according to taste (can put red chilli powder instead)
Pinch of turmeric
1/4 tsp jeera powder
1/4 tsp dhaniya powder
Pinch of garam masala (optional)
- Cut mango in cubes with the skin and keep aside .
- In a Kadhai add the oil .
- Warm the oil a little .
- Then we add the whole red chillies .
- Add the Panch phoren
- Stir the chillies and Panch phoren for few seconds
- Now we add the cut mango .
- Stir for 5-10 mins to roast the mango a little .
- Add the dry spices and mix nicely .
- Add 1/2 cup of water so that mango cooks and becomes little soft .
- Add the jaggery to the mango and keep stirring .
- The quantity of jaggery depends on the sweetness one prefers .
- Cook on low flame till Mango is cooked .
- Just before removing from stove , can taste for the salt ,chillies and sweetness . Can adjust the spice according to personal preference .
- Done .