Fresh Methi Masala Rice
- 1 1/2 cup raw rice ,to be boiled and kept aside .
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1 pc cinnamon stick of 2"
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 7-8 garlic pods chopped coarsely
- 2 medium size onions, ground to a paste
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tbsp of coriander
- 3 cups of chopped methi leaves
- 1 lemon ,juice
- Put oil in a kadhai ,let the oil warm a little
- Then add the cinnamon stick, cardamom, star anise and bay leaf
- Stir for 30-40 seconds
- Then add the chopped garlic and stir fry till the garlic changes colour
- Then add the chopped tomato and stir fry for few minutes
- Now add the ground onion paste
- Saute till the water from the onion dries up
- And it starts changing colour
- Then add the salt ,turmeric ,red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder
- Mix it in well and saute for 5-7 minutes
- Now add the chopped methi leaves and saute for 5-10 minutes ,so that the leaves are cooked
- Next add the lemon juice and mix it in well
- Stir for a minute or so
- Lastly now add the cooked rice and mix it in gently ,so that the rice does not break .
- Check for salt .
- Done .
- Serve with curd and salad .