Quick Dry Black Channa
Sukha Kala Chana
This is a super simple and quick method to make a delicious dish.
- 1 cup raw chana (washed and soaked for 7-8hrs)
- 1 big onion sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 big tomato chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Few slitted green chillies according to taste .
- 1 tbsp mustard oil or any oil of your choice .
- 2 cups of water
- Wash and soak the chana for 7-8 hrs
- Drain the water and put it in a pressure cooker
- Add the sliced onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies to the channa in the cooker
- Add the dry masalas, the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Measure and add the oil and water to the cooker
- Close the cooker and add the weight
- Now pressure cook the chana.
- On the 1st whistle , make the flame low and cook for 30-35 minutes
- Switch it off and leave the weight on. Let the cooker sit till all the pressure has been released. Then carefully open the cooker.
- After opening, sauté the chana till it gets a nice brown colour and all the ingredients have been sautéed nicely .
- Cook and let the water dry, if required add 1-2 tbsp of water to sauté .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve
- only 1 tbsp of oil has been used
- Serve with roti salad and lime
Leave a comment