Spinach Stems,Carrots and White Radish Subzi
(Used stems only of the spinach ,as the spinach leaves was used for another dish)
- 1 bunch of stems (cut roots an cut into 2"pieces,wash and keep aside)
- 1 bid carrot cut into vertical pieces of 2" each
- 1 radish cut into vertical pieces of 2 " each
- 1 sweet potato cut into vertical pieces (optional)
- Few whole green chillies according to taste
- 1 tsp panch phoren
- Few cut whole red chillies
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Pinch of red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp of mustard oil /refined oil
- In a kadhai put the oil ,heat the oil
- When the oil is hot ,add the panch phoren
- When it starts spluttering add the cut whole red chillies and bay leaf
- Add all the vegetables one by one stirring in between .
- Add the salt,turmeric ,sugar and red chilli powder
- Stir for few minutes .
- Cover and cook on low flame till the vegetables are done .
- Serve with dal and rice .