The brilliant part of flexible eating is that you can eat anything. Like this isn't a cheat meal. On my programs it's a fancier rice. Which is fine. While it's not a meal on its own, it's perfectly okay to eat even while trying to lose weight !!
The power of flexible eating !!
Here is the recipe
- 1 cup raw rice to be cooked/boiled and kept aside
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 1/2 chopped spring onions
- 2-3 tsp of light soya sauce / 2 tsp dark soya
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 whole garlic cut into chips ( picture at the end)
- 1 whole garlic chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
How to make the eggs (optional)
- Break the eggs into a bowl add pinch of salt , beat the eggs and keep aside
- Take a kadhai /wok add the 2 tsp oil
- Heat the oil when the oil becomes a little hot add the eggs and leave it
- Will be like a round omlette , when the omlette starts to cook then break it and stir fry .The eggs should be soft .
- Remove and keep aside
The main recipe
- In the same kadhai/wok add the oil
- Then add the garlic into the cold oil (which have been cut like chips see below)
- Stir fry on low to medium flame .
- When the garlic chips become beige in colour remove and keep aside to use as a garnish later
- In the same oil add the chopped small garlic and stir fry till it becomes beige brown
- Then add the cooked rice and stir fry for few minutes
- Then add the soya sauce and pepper and stir fry for few minutes
- Then add salt to taste and the sugar
- Mix it in well
- Now add the chopped spring onions and stir fry for few minutes .
- Lastly add the scrambled egg and mix it in .
- Garnish with the garlic chips on top .
Rice : cold leftover rice works well here too. If you have a local rice like red rice, you can use that too to get a better and more chewy type texture.
Garlic cut like chips