Just tag me on Instagram and use #nourishwithsim
I've added notes at the end for alternatives
Makes 12 brownies approximately 150 calories per brownie without the walnuts
- 1.5 cups rajma (kidney beans) boiled and drained
- 3 large eggs (replacement in notes)
- 1/4 cup dates jaggery crumbled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 180° C
- Prepare tray / dish by applying oil and dusting with flour of choice
- Place rajma, eggs, dates puree, jaggery, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix in chopped walnuts and half the chocolate chunks. Pour batter into the prepared dish
- Top with remaining chocolate chunks and gently push them into the batter.
- Bake on the lower rack for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES :
1. Replace rajma with chola (chickpeas) for a lighter version that works well as muffins
2. Use a flax egg instead of eggs : mix 1 tbsp flax seed powder with 2.5 tbsp water to replace one egg. Set aside for 5 mins before using in the recipe
3. Walnuts : optional but taste very good. Please account for the additional calories from the nuts.