Sweet & Spicy Tamarind Chutney
One of my favourites as this goes with any of our Indian snacks, great with Pindi Chole or on top of chaats. It's such a useful chutney to have in the fridge.
- 1 cup Tamarind
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp roasted coriander powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp kadhmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coarsely ground dry red chillies
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dry ginger grated
- 1/2 -3/4 cup sugar or jaggery
- Strain the Tamarind and put the pulp in a pan .
- Add all of the above ingredients to the Tamarind pulp
- Cook on full flame keep stirring
- When it starts bubbling lower the flame and cook till it becomes little thick .
- Keep it a little thinner than the desired consistency as it will become thicker when it cools down .
- Adjust salt , chilli, sweet and sourness according to taste.