- 500 gms arbi
- 3 tbsp of oil
- 2 medium to big size onions chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Juice of half a lime (optional)
- Boil or pressure cooker the arbi till cooked .Then peel the arbi and cut it into circles and keep aside.
- Take a kadhai add the oil, warm the oil for a minute or so
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and stir fry till they slightly change colour .
- Then add the chopped onions and stir fry till the onions become soft and translucent
- Add the turmeric powder and salt to taste to the onions and stir fry for 30-40 seconds
- Now add the arbi to the kadhai and stir fry with the onions for few minutes then add the chilli flakes
- Mix everything well stirring continuously
- Stir fry and cook on look fame for 10 minutes till the arbi becomes little beige brown in colour.
- Mix lime juice and mix for few seconds .(this is optional )