Bhaigan (Brinjal /Eggplant) Bharta
- 2 big brinjal 🍆
- 4 medium- big size onion chopped
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2"pc ginger finely chopped
- 4-5 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- Few chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp oil
Method to roast the brinjal
- Take a metal rack and place on the stove
- Run a little oil on the brinjal and place on the rack
- Put on the flame ,keep on one side then flip to another side
- Keep repeating on all sides ,till the brinjal is totally roasted
- Remove from flame and keep aside .
- When it cools down ,remove the skin and mash the brinjal with a fork and keep aside.
- Can remove few seeds if you like .
- Take a kadhai ,add the oil ,when the oil becomes warm Add the chopped onions and ginger and stir fry fir few minutes
- Now add the chopped green chillies and stir fry till the onions become translucent
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes
- Now add the salt ,turmeric and red chilli powder and saute till the masala becomes soft
- Next add the the chopped coriander leaves and saute for few minutes
- Now add the mashed brinjal to the masala and mix it in really well .
- Cook for few minutes stirring constantly.
- Done .
- Serve with roti or dal and rice.