Low calorie and healthy. Food can be tasty and healthy at the same time.
Make this with paneer or chicken. I hope you enjoy it.
Tag me on Instagram and use #nourishwithsim if you make this or any of my recipes.
- 500 gms boneless chicken / Paneer, cut in strips
- 1 big green capsicum, cut in thin slices
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped small
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped small
- Green chillies, chopped small ( based on personal taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of vinegar
For the chicken / paneer marination
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp of flour
- 1/2 tbsp of cornflour ( or arrow root)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Marination and Preparation
- Add the strips of chicken or paneer to a large bowl along with the salt, pepper and lime juice and let it marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Add 1 egg, cornflour and flour to the resting chicken / paneer and mix well till fully combined. Let it sit for atleast 5 mins.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a pan and place the chicken / paneer strips on the pan.
- Cook on low flame till crispy on the underside. Flip and cook on the other side till done. (you can also use an airfryer)
- Keep aside
Making the Dish
- In a grinder add 10-12 green chillies and 2 tbsp of vinegar and grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside for later
- In a kadhai / wok add 2-3 tbsp of oil
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and let it cook on low flame till brown around the edges
- Add the sliced onions and chopped green chillies
- Stir fry for few seconds on medium to high flame
- Add in the green chilli paste and stir fry for few seconds till there is no raw smell
- Mix in the soya sauce
- Add the sliced capsicum and stir fry for few seconds
- Add the vinegar, pepper and salt to taste and stir fry till well combined
- Add the sugar and tomato sauce and stir fry for a half a minute
- Add in the cooked chicken / paneer strips and mix gently till it is well coated
- Add the chopped spring onions and stir fry for few seconds
- Serve hot
- Serve with fried rice or noodles, as a starter or use as a wrap or sandwich filling
- Adjust the level of spice to suit you
- Use a low sodium soy sauce if possible
- Replace the chicken with paneer or tofu for a vegetarian option
- Use an air fryer for the strips to make an extra crispy dish
- Vegetables should be cooked on high flame and kept slightly crunchy
- Sugar here acts as a replacement for flavour enhancers used by restaurants