Another high protein vegetarian recipe that is quick to make. You can share this or even have this on your own as a meal. This recipe is about 20 gms of protein
- 1/2 cup cooked green lentils (green mung dal)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup diced cooked beets
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional) ( replace with paneer )
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small orange for dessert (rich in vitamin C, which enhances iron absorption)
- Prepare the lentils: Cook the green lentils according to the package instructions until they are tender. Drain and let them cool.
- Assemble the salad: In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked lentils, baby spinach, diced cooked beets, grated carrot, crumbled feta cheese (if using), chopped parsley, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Combine everything: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients with the dressing.
- Serve: Transfer the salad to a serving plate.
- Enjoy a small orange as a vitamin C-rich dessert alongside the salad to enhance iron absorption.
Here are the approximate nutritional values for the provided recipe:
Calories: Around 380 kcal
- Protein: Approximately 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 38 grams
- Fats: Approximately 17 grams
Micronutrients (Approximate values):
- Vitamin A: About 366% DV
- Vitamin C: Approximately 124% DV
- Calcium: Around 20% DV
- Iron: About 38% DV
- Potassium: Approximately 23% DV
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on factors like the specific brands and varieties of ingredients used.