Low Calorie Creamy White Sauce
This recipe is one of my family's quick and easy recipes. It can even be added to the make-ahead recipe list and used for multiple dishes, such as a pasta sauce, sauce for grilling or baking, and so much more.
This is the base recipe that was passed down to me from my mom, who learned it from my grandma. My grandfather was a decorated army officer and traveled a lot, which allowed my grandmother to learn from British cooks and chefs. Her recipe collection is unmatched, featuring Continental, British, Indian, Chinese, and Burmese dishes.
Time: Super Quick Level: Super Easy
You can also find a video of how to make this on my Instagram.
- 1.2 liters of milk
- 2 tablespoons of atta
- 1 cup of diced mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1 small green chili (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Herbs as required
- Salt to taste
NUTRITION INFORMATION (for 1 cup of the recipe): Calories: 180 Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 10g Fat: 5g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 500mg
MAKE THE SAUCE:
- In a bowl, add the atta and a little milk, and mix to get a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to a pan. Add the remaining milk slowly, mixing to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add salt, pepper, and herbs, and cook on low flame, stirring continuously until it starts to thicken slightly.
- Cut the vegetables in similar shapes and sizes to allow even cooking and keep aside.
- Add a little oil to a hot pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, add this to the white sauce and stir well.
- Put a little oil in a pan and stir-fry the chicken cubes until cooked.
- At step 4, add the cooked chicken.
- Once cooked, add in the white sauce and mix well.
- Add a large variety of vegetables for flavor.
- The atta milk mixture will keep thickening.
- Vegetables I used: carrot, beans, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, colored capsicum.
- Pasta: cook as per instructions and add it in before adding the sauce.
Leave a comment