Masala Sattu Paratha
- Whole wheat flour (enough for 6-8 parathas)
- 200-250 gms sattu (roasted horesgram)
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tsp onion seeds (kala jeera )
- 1 whole garlic chopped
- 3-4 tbsp of chopped coriander
- Green chillies chopped to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- Pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- Mix the caraway seeds, onion seeds,chopped garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt ,red chilli flakes and asafoetida all together with the sattu (powdered horsegram)
- Dry mix all of the above and keep aside.
- Do not mix any water .
- Make a ball from the kneaded flour ,enough to make a cd size paratha .
- Flatten it out a little put 11/2-2 tbsp of the sattu
- mixture on it.
- Now bring the sides into the centre and close the ball
- Flatten it out a little with your palm .
- Now roll it out gently
- Heat a tawa or flat skillet
- Warm it a little, then add the rolled out sattu dough
- When it gets a little cooked
- Flip the side and roast it till it gets a beige colour .
- Now brush a little ghee on both sides and cook each side for 30-40 seconds .
- Serve hot with mint chutney or curd .