This is a simple, quick and nutritious recipe. I like to make it ahead and use for multiple meals as it is very versatile.
I have this with a toast for breakfast, as part of lunch. it works beautifully as a sandwich filling as well as a roll filling.
Making a little extra and stretching it across meals saves me a lot of time.
2 big onions
4-5 slitted green chillies (can put 1-2 for flavor)
Half tsp whole jeera
400-500 gms of paneer
Salt n red chillies to taste
1. Cut everything into thin strips
2. Add oil to a kadhai or pan
3. Add the jeera while the oil is warm and let it cook till fragrant
4. Add the onions and cook for a minute
5. Add the sliced ginger and cook for a minute
6. Now add in the slit green chillies
7. Now add in the carrot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
8. Add in the green capsicum and stir for a minute
9. Add the sliced tomatoes now and mix gently. You don't want a mish mash here !
10. Add salt to taste and red chilli powder and mix
11. Cook for 5 mins and then add in the sliced paneer
12. Mix gently ensuring not to break the paneer
13. Serve Hot
The vegetables should be slightly crunchy
You can use home made paneer too