I am a big fan of Chinese food but not a big fan of oily food with msg in it. I make a lot of Chinese at home. It is surprisingly quick because there is no masala to cook for ever.
This one works with any protein. I have used Paneer here, you can use tofu or even meats. It will work well with chicken strips too.
if you use any of my recipes please do tag me on Instagram at @simrun.chopra and use #nourishwithsim
- 3 tbsp oil
- 12-15 big pods of chopped garlic
- 5-6 (or more) chopped green chillies
- 5-6 chopped coriander leaves
- 1 big carrot cut into semi circle
- 8-10 mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum sliced
- 1/2 cup cabbage cut in cubes
- 1 tomato thickly chopped
- 100-150 gms of paneer cut in cubes or strips
- 2-3 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 2 tsp dark soya
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Measure and put oil in a kadhai or wok
- Once the oil is slightly warm add chopped garlic
- Cook this on low flame till the raw smell of the garlic is gone
- Add in the chopped green chillies and stir for 20-30 seconds
- Next add in the chopped coriander leaves and stir for few seconds
- Starting adding the vegetables one at a time and cook each for about 30 secs on high flame before adding the next one.
- Start with the cut carrot, then the mushrooms
- Next add in the sliced capsicum followed by the cabbage
- Once done add the soya sauce and stir well
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and stir it in
- At the end add in the paneer and mix gently ensuring not to break it.
- In one cup of hot water mix the 1 tsp of cornflour and gently pour it into the kadhai.
- Lower the flame and cook as the sauce will start to thicken
- Mix in the chopped spring onions
- Then add in the tomato sauce and mix gently
- Check the salt and add according to your taste.
- Mix and cook for a few seconds
- Remove and serve hot
- Soya sauce is salty so please add salt accordingly
- You can also mix all the sauce together and pour it in at one go.
- If you are using a meat then it needs to be precooked. You can check my other recipes for guidelines on this.