A simple yet flavourful veg dish that is so simple to make. I prefer to have mine with rice and a simple daal.
- 250 gms orange pumpkin (cut in cubes)
- 250 gms white pumpkin (cut in cubes)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp whole cummin
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2-1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
The masala mix
- Warm the oil in a kadhai
- Once the oil is warm add the whole cumin, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and whole red chillies and stir fry for 30 – 40 secs
- Then add 2tbsp of chopped coriander leaves and stir fry for a few seconds
- Add in the chopped pumpkin and mix well. Cook for a few minutes and then cover and cook on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Check the pumpkin and when it is half done add the masala mix and salt to taste and mix well
- Cover and cook till the pumpkin completely done
- Add the sugar or jaggery and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot