- 4–5 cups medium-sized purple cauliflower florets
- 2 cups purple sweet potato, peeled and chopped (or purple potatoes)
- 2 large purple carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ small purple onion, peeled and chopped
- 4–6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 litre low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup low-fat cream
- swirl of olive oil
- chopped thyme for garnish
- Rinse all the vegetables.
- Place cauliflower, sweet potato, carrots, onion, and garlic in an 8-quart
stock pot. Add the low-sodium broth.
- Bring the broth and vegetables to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
Simmer until potatoes and carrots are soft, approximately 10–20 minutes.
Once potatoes and carrots are soft, remove from heat and allow to cool
completely to room temperature.
- Pour the cooled mixture into a high-powered blender and puree until
smooth and creamy. If you have an immersion blender, you can blend it
right in the pot.
- Pour the soup back into the original pot and add salt, pepper, and
- Swirl in cream and reheat to serve.
- Serve hot with chopped thyme leaves or a swirl of olive oil.
- For a lower-sodium version, use water instead of broth.