This is my standard recipe. It is quick and you can use whatever vegetables you have available.
The chicken and egg are optional.
- 1 cup basmati rice ,boiled to 80% and kept aside
- 1 1/2 medium size carrots cut into small cubes
- 15-20 french beans cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/4 spring onions chopped small
- 1/4 cup celery chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chives chopped small (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped/pounded ginger garlic
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 11/2 tsp dark soya
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For chicken egg fried rice :
- Warm the oil in a wok or kadhai
- Add the ginger garlic and stir fry till it is fragrant
- Add chopped celery and stir fry for few seconds
- Add carrots and beans and stir fry for a minute or so
- Add the chopped cabbage and continue to stir fry for few seconds
- Add half the spring onions and half the chives and stir fry for few seconds
- Add the rice and mix it in well without letting it break
- Mix the soya sauce ,vinegar ,sugar ,salt and pepper in a bowl and then add it to the rice and stir fry for few minutes on high flame
- Now (optional) add the scrambled eggs and stir fried chicken and mix it in well
- Taste the fried rice for salt and add accordingly.
- Add the remaining spring onions and chives keeping a tablespoon for garnishing.
- Serve hot with a vegetable stir fry ( check the recipes section for more )