Raw Mango Rice
A lovely tangy rice that uses the seasonal raw mango. I love the crunch of the peanuts along with the tanginess of the raw mango.
3 tbsp oil
1 cup raw rice
1 cup grated raw mango
15-20 curry patta leaves
Few slitted green chillies to taste
1/2 tsp whole cumin
1/2 tsp whole mustard seeds
10-12 pieces of fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp of raw urad dal
1 tsp of raw chana dal (gram)
2 tbsp of raw peanuts
2 medium size onions sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1-2 tbsp of grated coconut
- Boil the rice to 90% and keep aside.
- Take a kadhai ,add the oil to it .
- Warm the oil for a minute or so ,then add the whole cumin, whole mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, when they start spluttering
- Add the urad dal ,chana dal and peanuts and stir for few seconds
- Then add the sliced onions, slitted green chillies and curry patta
- Stir fry till the onions become soft ,then add the grated raw mango and
- the ginger-garlic paste, stir fry for few minutes
- When the raw smell of the ginger garlic goes, add the grated coconut and the chopped coriander leaves
- Stir fry for few minutes Then add the turmeric and salt .
- Stir fry for few seconds then add the cooked rice
- Mix it in well and thoroughly gently stirring it .
- Cook on low flame for few minutes .
Note : I have added very little mango here. I prefer to add more raw mango to get a tangier taste. You can add more grated mango according to taste ,if the mango is slightly sweet you can add even more.