Indian · Vegan · vegetarian ·
- 1 cup channa dal
- 4 tomatoes
- 10-12 french beans
- 1 potato
- 3-4 small brinjal
- 1 bunch spinach /3 cups chopped spinach
- Few green chillies
- 2 medium carrots cut (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 8-10 garlic pods roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 10-12 curry patta leaves
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Take the chana dal wash and soak for 15-20 minutes, then place the soaked dal in a cooker,then add the
- Add the cut tomatoes ,french beans, potato ,small brinjal ,chopped spinach,carrots, few green chillies and salt according to taste
- Put 1/2 cup water and cook to 1 whistle and cook at sim for 5-7 minutes
- Let the cooker open naturally when done.
- On opening the cooker, let it cool down ,then roughly grind it ,can use a hand blender also .
- Roughly grind 3/4 of it ,and leave 1/4 of it as it is .
- When it is roughly ground ,keep aside
- Rinse the grinder with 1 cup of water and add the liquid to the ground saibhaji
- Then take a pan add the oil Let the oil warm a little, then add the whole cumin
- When the cumin starts spluttering and changes colour add the asafoetida
- Then add the roughly chopped garlic
- Stir fry till garlic changes colour
- Then add the chopped onion and the curry patta leaves
- Stir fry till onion becomes translucent/soft
- Then add red chilli powder according to taste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder
- Mix everything together and stir fry for few minutes
- Now add the ground vegetable and dal ,mix it in well and let it simmer for few minutes .
- NB: this dish has a thick consistency, can add warm water to it if you want to change consistency.
Leave a comment