A simple home recipe you can have with fried rice. This meal has vegetables, protein and carbs ( from the fried rice) so it is a complete meal. Food should be fun. Eating healthy doesn't mean giving up on the things you like to eat.
It just needs a little tweaking.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1.5 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp thin slice ginger
- 1 to 2 sliced green chillies
- 2 whole dried red chillies broken
- 1 onion sliced thick
- Paneer sliced thick
- 1 Capsicum sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots sliced thin
For the sauce :
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp soya sauce
- red chilli powder to taste
- 2 - 4 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
For the Paneer Coating
- Paneer cut in thick slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp of corn flour
- 1/4 tsp of maida ( refined flour)
- 1 tsp oil
- In a kadhai put 2 tbsp of oil
- Warm the oil a little and then add 1.5 tbsp of chopped garlic
- Stir the garlic for a few seconds then add 2 whole red chillies cut into pieces
- Add 1 tsp ginger julienne and 1 or 2 slit green chillies. Stir for few seconds.
- Add one big onion thickly sliced. Stir for few seconds till the onions start to become transparent.
- Add all the sauce ingredients ( Thai sweet chilli sauce + chilli sauce + chilli powder) + tomato sauce and stir fry for 15-20 seconds
- Add 1/4 -1/2 tsp red chilli powder (according to taste)
- Add 1 big capsicum sliced thin and mix it nicely .
- Add 2 carrots cut into thin slices, like matchsticks, and mix nicely.
- Add few slitted green chillies (according to taste) and 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves and mix well
- Add 1 tsp sugar and salt to taste .
- In a separate bowl mix 2-3 tbsp of cornflour with water till there are no lumps ,s
- Add this to the vegetables so that the sauce coats the vegetables.
- Mix quickly as the cornflour will start to thicken
For the Paneer
- Take 1/4tsp of cornflour, 1/4tsp of flour, a pinch of pepper and little salt
- Mix in a flat deep bowl to make a paste and keep aside
- Cut the paneer into thick strips and put it in the cornflour paste ensuring it is well coated
- In a flat pan rub a little oil
- Once the oil becomes warm add the paneer strips and slowly brown it on all sides.
- Once it is done add it to the vegetables and mix gently ( ensure the paneer strips do not break)
- Serve hot with fried rice
- You can replace the paneer with chicken strips
- Cornflour can be replaced with arrowroot or potato starch
- Cornflour continues to thicken to keep the sauce a little thin if you want to heat it before serving. Ideally serve hot.
works well as a sandwich filling too
- You can check the chilli sauce recipe under sauces