I love soups. There is something so comforting in a big bowl of soup. I personally love having a thick vegetable soup with croutons.
- 1 cup chopped and cleaned broccoli
- 1 cup cleaned and chopped spinach
- 1 tsp my Super Seed Powder or my Nut Powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the spinach and broccoli in a deep pan with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil
- Boil for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and you can squash the stems with your fingers
- Let it cool down
- Blend in a mixer grinder with the milk and my seed or nut powder to get a smooth consistency
- Transfer it back into the pan and add salt and pepper to taste. You can increase the milk if you want it to be thinner and creamier.
- Serve with toasted bread and some toasted sesame seeds on top
The seed or nut powder are optional however they add a lovely creamy consistency. All greens should be eaten with a fat source to ensure we can absorb the Vitamin K they offer. Here the fat comes from the milk and seed or nut mix. So if you eliminate these you will need to add an alternate fat source to get the true benefits of the soup.