Tangy Bhindi Masala (Lady's finger)
- 1/2kg bhindi lady fingers (dried throughly and cut into 1"pieces)
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 10-12 whole garlic pods
- 2 onions cut into 4 pieces
- 10-15 curry patta leaves
- 2-3 tsp of tamarind pulp
- 1/4 tsp methi dhana ( fenugreek)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp whole cummi seeds ( jeera)
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- Salt according to taste
- Red chilli powder according to taste
- 1/4 tsp corriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Warm the oil in a flat bottomed pan.
- Add the whole red chillies ,mustard seeds, cumin seeds and methi seeds
- Stir for few seconds and when the seeds start spluttering add the chopped onion
- Stir fry till the onions are a little translucent
- Then add the whole garlic pods and saute till the onions become totally translucent
- Now add the chopped tomato
- Saute for few minutes, till tomato becomes little soft
- Add the salt ,turmeric and red chilli powder
- Saute for few seconds then add the coriander and cummin powder
- Saute for 5-10 minute ,till the masala becomes totally soft and gets a nice reddish colour .
- Add the curry patta and saute for few minutes
- Now add the cut bhindi and mix it well
- Saute for few minutes ,then lower the flame and let it cook .
- When the bhindi is half done add the cut onions and mix it in .
- Let it cook on low flame till the bhindi is totally done ,keep stirring in between
- Lastly add the tamarind pulp and mix it in throughly .18.Cook for few minutes then remove from flame .
- Done .
Note : Tamarind to be put according to personal preference, can add more or less depending on what you prefer.