Vegetable Chickpeas Cutlet
These are great make ahead recipes
- 240 gms (raw) chickpeas
- 6 tbsp rice flour
- 2/3 cup beans chopped fine
- 2/3 cup red capsicum chopped fine
- 2/3 cup cabbage chopped fine
- 2/3 cups carrots chopped fine
- 2/3 cup cauliflower/broccoli chopped fine
- 1/2-1 onion chopped fine
- 1" piece ginger grated
- 8-9 garlic pounded
- 3 green chillies chopped fine 1 tbsp dill chopped fine
- 1/2 tso chilli flakes
- Wash and soak chickpeas overnight. Then pressure cooker the chickpeas, for 10-15 minutes on low flame after the 1st whistle .Put a pinch of salt .
- When done ,let the cooker open naturally .
- Separate chickpeas from the water and grind the chickpeas to a paste.
- Keep aside.
- Chop all the vegetables small and fine .
- When done keep aside.
- Now mix the chickpeas paste, the cut vegetables,green chillies,chopped dill, grated ginger,pounded garlic ,chilli flakes ,salt according to taste and 3 tbsp of rice flour (3 tbsp to be put in the chickpeas mixture and rest to be kept for dusting the chickpeas patty)
- Mix all of the above well
- Make into small balls ,then flatten it out ,like a small patty .
- Do the same with all the mixture and keep aside.
- Now take a pan drizzle a little oil
- When oil is warm
- Dust the patty on both side with rice flour
- Place on the pan and cook on low to medium flame.
- Flip side to cook properly on both sides .
- Done .
- Can use as a patty for a burger /sandwich/evening snack .
- Accompanied with a Youghart dip and salad .
- Note: If using airfreight, brush oil on both sides of each patty.
Leave a comment