Get ready for a treat – my mom's secret recipe. This is what we grew up on. My friends swear by this recipe and once you try, so will yours.
It's Restaurant-Style Chilli Garlic Noodles!
Made with regular ingredients, it's quick, healthy, and a hit online. It's lower in calories than restaurant versions but tastes even better. Show off your cooking skills with this dish that brings the comfort of homemade goodness to every bit
- 200 gms of raw noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 30 pods of garlic, chopped (or 1/4 cup chopped garlic)
- 3 tbsp red chilli sauce (Sim's homemade sauce)
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup chopped spring onions
- Boil the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Once boiled, add a little oil and spread the noodles out on a large platter or tray. Place the tray under a fan and let it cool. Use cold or cool noodles. Using hot noodles will cook them further and make them soggy.
- In a kadhai or wok, add the oil and warm it up.
- Once the oil is warm, add the chopped garlic.
- On medium to high flame, stir-fry the garlic until it turns a light beige color.
- Turn off the stove at this point to prevent the sauces from burning.
- Add the red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Turn on the stove and stir-fry for about 30-40 seconds.
- Incorporate the chopped spring onions and stir-fry for a few more seconds.
- Add the boiled noodles and thoroughly mix them to ensure they're coated in the sauce.
- Your Chilli Garlic Noodles are now ready.
- Garnish with additional chopped spring onions before serving.
- You can also pair this dish with a side of your choice.
Enjoy your flavorful homemade Chilli Garlic Noodles!